Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Culture War

I admit that I have been watching the Republican Convention. My neighbor is a delegate, and I have been trying to get a glimpse of him on TV. No luck so far. However, I have heard a lot of CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News guys talk about the culture war. CNN keeps saying that the Republicans are trying to restart the culture war. MSNBC asked the same question of a pastor this afternoon, and his response was that the war never ended.

It is a real shame that the phrase ‘culture war’ is in the political lexicon. I guess we can thank people like Dr. James Dobson for that one. There is a culture war, but politics is not where it is fought, and it is not the answer. Even if Roe v. Wade is overturned there will still be a culture war. I am not saying that politics is unimportant, but I am saying it is not the most important. The culture war is about this:

The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil. (John 7:7)


This is the root of the culture war, and this then is the only answer. It is an answer that cannot be given by John McCain or Barak Obama. There is only one hope in life and in death, and that hope is Jesus Christ.

0 Comments: